Instagram

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The declaration


A treasure of memories that would never fade away
Of days I laughed with you and cried while you wiped tears and it was okay
Of nights I spent silently praying begging God to make you stay
Of times we talked about thoughts and dreams until there was nothing left to say
I don’t have many eloquent words like the noble poets of yore
To describe all that I feel in embellished phrases and more
My feelings were lost in a tempest of uncertainty before
And you shone your beacon until they washed up safely ashore
I’m smitten by the idea of you in my life
Your mere presence in this world of struggle and strife
Your assurance in my heart, your helping hand by my side
I’m smitten by your lasting courage when sometimes hope died
With you everyday is an adventure about to start
Every thought is an epiphany, every action is an art
Every fault is a lesson; they all set you apart
Every soul stirring word inspires me, lingers perpetually in my heart
My love for you is silent but it would never begin to end
Some say its fate is pain and sorrow, some say it’s a foolish trend
Yet my heart is selfless, to such incredulity it would never bend
Let all of the world lament, for my love is blessed with a fierce friend

No comments:

Post a Comment